JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: [Subforum: Nonfiction / Autobiography] Nonfiction / Autobiography
JSBulldog89
JulNoWriMo Webmaster

Mood: Optimistic

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 5-24-2010 at 09:08 PM
Nonfiction / Autobiography

For those writing in the nonfiction / autobiography genre, talk about your writing here and share ideas with others. :)

Sue_irene1119
JulNo Member

Mood: dreamy xxx

[*] posted on 5-28-2010 at 06:32 PM

Hi. I have started to scratch together a memoir of sorts. It has taken me a long time to get to this stage of writing. In the past I have written mainly short stories for adults and children. I was always scared to write about myself - who's going to read it? That question would haunt me. But now I am ready to write my story... after all, my story is my own and no-one has the right to judge that - if they do, so what? We all see things from our own perspective. I'm very excited about this. I'm approaching it in a themed kind of way ... with prompts. It's bringing things back to the surface and that in itself is pretty amazing. Wish me luck - I'm keen to get this thing written in bulk over July - that will give me lots of inspiration. I think I will need to buy my kids some laptops though so I don't have to share with them on the 3 nights they stay8-)
kaliawai512
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Gifted

[*] posted on 5-30-2010 at 02:33 PM

*waves* Hi, everyone! I'm Lauren, and I suppose I'm writing a memoir of sorts for this JulNo (my first, actually).

I've been wanting to write this memoir for years, but it never got past being a little idea in the back of my mind. But about a year ago, one of my professors and one of my classmates both suggested I write it, because they thought it would be worthwhile. So I've been planning it ever since, and hope to finally write it this July, despite it being a darn big project.

It would most likely cover the time from when I was twelve to around the time I turned sixteen, during which most of my major life changes occurred. It would focus on my academic changes during that time (they were... pretty big changes, to put it lightly), and the emotional issues surrounding those.

I'm a little nervous about this, since I'm primarily a fiction writer and nonfiction is still kind of new to me, even though I've even taken a class on the subject. I'm also a little nervous because I actually want to share this after it's written, so I'm not sure what I should cut out for the sake of privacy of friends/family, because some things are pretty important but might not be good to be made public, at least not without name changing. Finally, I wonder how I will make this more accessible to reading by the general population, since my life falls a little into the "unusual" category and from my experience in nonfiction, many find it hard to understand/hard to relate to.

Good luck, everyone! JulNo is only one month away! :)

Have a great day.

- Lauren

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]