Author: Subject: [Subforum: Fantasy] Fantasy
kunal29
JulNo Member

Mood: :)
JulNoWriMo Title: Not yet decided!

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 06:40 AM

Wow! All your stories sound amazing. The plots definitely are lavish, apt for fantasy. I have not yet decided the plot but am inclined on writing a fantasy.
I participated in the NaNoWriMo last time but could not finish unfortunately but this time, I am buckled up. :D

This is my first time in JulNoWriMo and my first attempt on a fantasy novel and I am sure about one thing, my novel is going to have Dragons. I am crazy about them.. LOL
Savara
JulNo Writer

Mood: Hopeful
JulNoWriMo Title: The Obsidian Shifters

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 08:25 AM

Fantasy writer here, too :D .

My story (for my first WriMo ever) is basically a sequel to my original idea.

A young couple finds themselves emperor and empress of a new nation. Inexperienced as they are they try to cope with rebuilding a ruined society while some of the neighbouring countries aren't exactly friendly.
Another country (of nomads of some sort) is caught in-between the two super powers of the continent, and have to decide where they stand - stay true to their traditional way of life, or change to embrace the new situation.

Religious differences ensure some trouble among the commoners, traitors exist in most groups - if not all - and magic can make life both easier and more challenging.

As their own citizens turn against them, how are the new rulers going to ensure a safe environment for themselves and the masses?

The distribution of power is changing with every passing moment...
Marcin
JulNo Member

Mood: Desperado

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 05:01 PM

Hi all,

I'm writing a fantasy novella about a young sorceress. I know there will be dragon in it, and I'd love to write it less conventional than it sounds!

rabbitears6o6
JulNo Member

Mood: Unknown

[*] posted on 6-29-2010 at 10:43 PM

Savara, love your plot! It sounds like something I'd pick up, read, and enjoy.

I'm officially jealous of your awesome story.

And your icon, but that's besides the point.

"If you owned all the money in the world, they'd create a new currency."
kunal29
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 11:00 AM

Finally decided the plot.
Its a tale of a dragon rider (I know its a cliche but hear me out).. In the era of time unknown a grand war is being fought between the dragon riders and the evil ... (not yet thought the name but its a new race).

A young rider fighting bravely sees a blinding flash of lightening and faints. When he wakes up, find himself in this urban world of concrete. Nevertheless though, he can still feel the connection with his dragon. This mental connection exists to find each other and diminishes with distance.

The novel is the search of this rider. For his dragon, his home and the truth about what happened. In the mean-time he has to understand the ways of this new world and stay away from the perils that still hunt him and the dreams of the past that haunt him.

This is the basic thought. Have to develop it more. Some more characters have to be added and not yet decided that love story should be introduced or not..
juliajreams
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Ways of Grandway

[*] posted on 6-30-2010 at 12:43 PM

kunal29, you'res sounds really cool! Your idea makes me want to add dragons to mine.

Mine's about a ten-year-old princess who doesn't care about her duties or her country, but her oppressive father still thinks her a threat. He sends her away through a civil war stricken country, in hopes of her being murdered on the way. The princess begins to learn of and love her country and unveils the plots of her father.

"If you eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." ~ SPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCK!
"You guys are a procrastination black hole!!!" ~Kat
Proud member of the London-Bound!
Lady Knight juliajreams, Co-Founder of the Pierce Patrol
dA: Jurodo
kunal29
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 04:20 AM

juliajreams

Thanks..
Your story also is really appealing. There is a lot of scope for character development and a war backdrop always adds an enigma.

Best of luck for finishing the novel.
rlknight
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 12:07 PM

I've just found out about this yesterday. Noob here. I'll do my best to reach the goal of 50000 words. I've started already and my novel/story fantasy based. Everyone has such great ideas! See ya'll around the boards.8-)
juliajreams
JulNo Royalty

JulNoWriMo Title: Ways of Grandway

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by kunal29  
juliajreams

Thanks..
Your story also is really appealing. There is a lot of scope for character development and a war backdrop always adds an enigma.

Best of luck for finishing the novel.

Thanks! I don't know what enigma is but I'll use the ever handy-dandy dictionary [dot] com to find out.
*found it*
OH, WOW! Your think so? Thanks, that really motivated me to write!

"If you eliminate the impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." ~ SPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCK!
"You guys are a procrastination black hole!!!" ~Kat
Proud member of the London-Bound!
Lady Knight juliajreams, Co-Founder of the Pierce Patrol
dA: Jurodo
AmintawithaRose
JulNo Writer

Mood: Eeek! It's about to start and I have no storyline!
JulNoWriMo Title: IDK :'(

Word Count: 2185 / 50000
Word Count Start4% Complete96% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 09:01 PM

Hi Guys! This is the first time I've attempted a WriMo, so I'm pretty excited...and intimidated. I figure that July is the month to do it. I'm in school during November so there's just no time to do it.

Anyway, I've resigned myself to the fact that this story is going to be TERRIBLE, I just love the idea of making myself do the work and overcoming writer's block, no matter how bad it is. You can't edit and make things better if there aren't words on the page in the first place, right?

Basically, my story is based on a really crazy dream I had a while back that was so epic I thought it just had to be written. However, I didn't hear about the July WriMo until a couple of days ago, so I haven't planned nearly as much as I should have. I don't really even know how to give you a summary. All I know is that it's fantasy. XD

Renina
JulNo Member

Mood: hooked up in own story
JulNoWriMo Title: ClockCity: When the Time stops

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 03:07 AM

I'm, as always, here to try write a fantasy novel ^^ This time with bit less magic and for a bit younger audience ^^

It will be a story about young boy in the world, where all is dictated by a clock (at least things in advanced side and human part). Everyone do everything as it's set by their clocks, even to breathing and walking, but boy's clock don't exactly matches to him, because he finishes everything a tiny bit faster and in that way gets free of everything time (which is impossible, so he is more like a freak of nature in city where story is happening).
On the day of his fathers funeral, which changed other citizens graphics, because death is unpredictable there, city in one minute just stops. Every citizen freezes in their tracks, house pets with their clocks freezes too. Everything just stops, even the big clock tower in middle of the city. But our little hero, Adrian Timore, doesn't. He is only living being with clock that keeps moving as is quite surprised.
Now Adrian has to find out what made everyone stop and make them move again.

It's a bit stempunk, adventure novel, i think ^^ With boy, whose difference from other citizens makes him a city-saver, but without a clue what's happening. A bit off terrorism and religious dispute in far background (the reason why cities stops, because Tempora isn't the only one that did that, but it's the only one which freezes, other before collapses with quite a big death-toll), and world, tat is way too set in clock ^^

What you think, is it interesting?

"How does one stops a city full off clocks?"

Tweet away: https://twitter.com/wolfsneverdie
Ms. Marc.
JulNo Member

Mood: Excited
JulNoWriMo Title: Force Seven: Talisman

smiley08.gif posted on 7-2-2010 at 07:53 AM
Stop the Clock

Yes, your story idea does sound interesting. It will evolve as you write! My goal is to finish a novel I have already started. It is the sequel to my first. I find that when I write, I start out with one plan and the story takes over and ends up something it wants to be, not what I thought it would be. The point is, just start writing and let the setting and characters guide you! Good Luck!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/counter/wGe71cl/]

[/url]
Aleare
JulNo Member

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 09:31 AM

All these plots sound so amazing - wish I could read them all! Or have been the one to come up with them. O_O
Good luck all.

For my novel, I've got a vaguely turn-of-the-century setting, a brewing civil war between a country's decaying government and violent rebels/gypsies/vagabonds who are 'Possessed' (a not-so-nice term for having magic), a coal&electricity crisis brought on by the government's failed attempt to go steampunk, the leaders at the head of each side of the conflict making the civil unrest worse by using their power to act on personal vendettas against each other, the main characters, who are family members of either leader, trying to figure out which-side-did-what in a chain of murders and stuff blowing up, art that comes to life, pyschic magic, necromancy, war machines and music boxes, human souls that are very will-o-the-wisp like that can be used for electricity, pixies, reincarnation, bizarre art, haunted lamps, illusions, gypsies with pink hair and tattoos, aristocrats, insane asylums, and pet squirrels. Woo-hoo.
Sam_Garrison
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Staff of Monsters

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 01:32 AM

My story this time is going to be about a modern society, much like ours, except that in it's history, there was magic, wizards, different creatures, etc. But after a large war, where non-magic people overthrew magic rulers who treated them like vermin, the magic people started to die out. So in the present day, everyone thinks wizards are extinct. But one boy, living in a boarding school, finds a staff buried in the ground. It had a carved bat head with glowing eyes, and it also points towards a mysterious, dangerous mountain range when he sets it down.

The boy loves magic, and he's sick of being in his school without friends, so he prepares and sets off. Along the way, he meets a friend willing to help him. They find that there is indeed, still wizardry out there, but the 'good' wizards (still haven't been named yet), and being attacked by 'evil' usurpers, who rely on the power of the 'bat staff' (no name for it, either, yet), which Rob (the main character) now has. So it's up to him to keep the staff safe, and to use it to fight and protect the 'good' land of magic, helped by his new (and first ever) friend.

I hope that didn't go on too long, but, yeah... that's pretty much it!
sarah1983
JulNo Member

Mood: Optimistic
JulNoWriMo Title: Blind Flight

[*] posted on 7-7-2010 at 08:46 AM

As ever I'm writing fantasy. This time though I'm breaking stereotypes a little. I'm writing from the "evil" races side. And my "evil" races aren't slow and stupid the way they're so often portrayed in fantasy books. Nor are they truly evil to be honest, they're just different to humans with different cultures and different beliefs.

My main character is a troll who is on a mission to avenge his wife who was killed by humans. He escaped while they were transporting him to some sort of prison and is determined to rescue the other members of his tribe who are still being held captive. There's a war of some sort going on between humans and the other races of the world, humans want to wipe them all out, obviously the other races don't want that to happen. However, the other races have their own squabbles amongst themselves too and don't work together. Humans are the most technologically advanced race, the other races have some racial abilities that I suppose could be described as magic and there are some individuals who actually study magic.
Mnemi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Worldwheel

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 09:14 AM

I'm joining this board late, but at this point I'm 6222 words into my fantasy novel (trying to gradually get rid of my word debt as I go).
There are a lot of really interesting story ideas here - I'm especially intrigued by Savara's and Renina's - I would love to read those books!

Mine is taking shape as I go. I'm not a planner, and I didn't even know it would be a fantasy until I started, but it seems to be the story of two parallel quests which mirror each other: a young woman trying to save an ancient culture from destruction in a fantasy world, and her boyfriend, still in the real world, trying to reach the "underworld" to bring her back, believing she's dead - as she may be.
Sam_Garrison
JulNo Writer

JulNoWriMo Title: The Staff of Monsters

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 01:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mnemi  
I'm joining this board late, but at this point I'm 6222 words into my fantasy novel (trying to gradually get rid of my word debt as I go).
There are a lot of really interesting story ideas here - I'm especially intrigued by Savara's and Renina's - I would love to read those books!

Mine is taking shape as I go. I'm not a planner, and I didn't even know it would be a fantasy until I started, but it seems to be the story of two parallel quests which mirror each other: a young woman trying to save an ancient culture from destruction in a fantasy world, and her boyfriend, still in the real world, trying to reach the "underworld" to bring her back, believing she's dead - as she may be.

That sounds like a really cool story! And, hey, I started my novel on the sixth, and I'm almost completely caught up. Keep writing!

[Edited on 7-9-2010 by Sam_Garrison]

Julno 09 - The Boss - Fail
Nano 09 - The Shamrocks - Fail

Julno 10 - The Staff of Monsters - Will it succeed?
Savara
JulNo Writer

Mood: Hopeful
JulNoWriMo Title: The Obsidian Shifters

[*] posted on 7-9-2010 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mnemi  

Thanks! :) Your idea sounds interesting, too!

Weakness and strength are so closely related, it is hard to discern which action indicates which characteristic. - Empress Eiliana of Kayga

Mnemi
JulNo Member

JulNoWriMo Title: Worldwheel

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 10:23 AM

Thanks, both of you! :)
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]