JulNoWriMo Forums
Not logged in [Login ]
  Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11
Author: Subject: On a Great Journey with the Healer Abilorn
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 08:38 PM


"Let's go then. Ready Helena?" Helena picked up one side of the stretcher at the same time as Flux picked up the other end, and then nodded. "Alright, you guys lead the way?"



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 08:56 PM


Waelin nodded, "Right." He patted Har'Luth on the shoulder once, letting her remain in step with Helena, then moving to take the lead.

As they traveled, Har'Luth took an end of her sleeve, twisting it about in her hands. "Helena... You appear to be the only one who was not... preoccupied, last night, correct?"




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:06 PM


Helena shifted Aero's weight around in her hands before responding. "It seems so. Why? Were you wondering what happened?"



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:15 PM


"A- Aye. Guess I were. I don't remember what all happened las' night." She flinched at the words coming out of her mouth.

"You're reverting back to old habits again, Lil." Waelin called back to her, chuckling softly.




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:17 PM


Helena sighed. She hadn't wanted to relive that night, but now it was not an option. "What is the last thing you remember?"



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:23 PM


"Heh. Uhm. We could... speak of this later, if it is too soon. But... to answer yer question, not a thing after I fell asleep."



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-10-2010 at 09:51 PM


"Good. It's a lot to... digest, if you know what I mean." Helena shifted all of Aero's weight to her left hand, using her right to rub her head, trying to clear away a headache she had gotten this morning. It felt a lot like a hangover, but, as far as she knew, she hadn't had any alcohol in a very long time.



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 07:44 PM


"I guess." Not quite knowing what else to say, Har'Luth remained in her place at Helena's side.



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 10:12 PM


Helena had no response for Har'Luth, so she remained quiet. In front of her, Flux was talking to Aero over her shoulder, so she listened in to their conversation, but she soon realized that her thoughts were bouncing around in her head too loudly for her to listen.

What had happened last night? Waelin had obviously done something to his sword, and Har'Luth had... dissolved the snake. She did not know how that was scientifically possible, but that was equally striking as to how Waelin had remade the skin of Aero's leg. She took a breath. She would have to be a lot more careful with the people she associated with these days, some were more dangerous than she had thought.




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 05:48 PM


"Hey Lil. Come up here for a minute, will you?"

With a small smile to Helena, Har'Luth sped up her pace a little bit, reaching Waelin's side. A little distance ahead of the others, Waelin spoke.

"Look, I don't know what you did last night, but I know it was big. You got rid of the snake that the four of us couldn't defeat. I do know, however, that should any of either of our enemies were to see something akin to what happened last night, we would be hunted even more so then we are now." He paused for a moment. "I guess what I'm saying is, we should try to keep a low profile, aye?"

"Aye. Can' imagine making many friends tha' way."

Chuckling, Waelin put an arm around her shoulders. "Your vocabulary suddenly take a backwards step, Lil?"




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 10:41 PM


"They're right, you know." Aero picked up his head to look at the back of Flux.

Flux turned and looked over her shoulder at Aero. "About what?"

"That we should all lay low. We still may be being pursued by all sorts of people." Aero shifted his weight carefully, hoping to not overturn the stretcher. Flux had to shift her weight around as well, but the stretcher stayed level. He pulled out his pistol and began to deconstruct it, then clean each piece, as if he expected to be ambushed at any point.

"Clean mine too, while you are at it, will you?" Flux unsheathed her pistol and laid it down on by his feet. "You may be right, but by now anyone who is tracking us knows where we are. Trying to cover our tracks will only take time."

"I know, but we need to disappear once we get to Pandhari." Aero began to put his gun back together casually.




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 10:48 PM


Har'Luth mumbled some nonsense about the cold and not feeling well and brushed off his question.

"Hey Waelin, what are the plans once we finally reach Pandhari? I mean, we have little provisions, even less money, and we know no one there. What if your parents or the guilds back home can reach us there? What then?"

Waelin rubbed her shoulder gently. "Then we will run farther. I'm not going to lose you, Lil. Not to my parents, and not to some damned thieves guilds either. I will protect you no matter the cost."




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 10:57 PM


Aero flipped the gun over in his hand and holstered it in one smooth movement. Then, he tried to put his good foot under the gun and pull it up to his hand. Flux turned around and slid the weapon to his hand. He cleaned the gun and called to Flux. "Here, your gun is clean."

Flux managed to turn her hand upside down and take then gun from him. "Thanks," she sheathed it quickly.

"Can you do mine too?" Helena handed him her gun.

"No problem. Give me a second."




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:05 PM


As night falls, a thick mist rolls in from the gods only know where. It is good in that it keeps your enemies from spotting you, but also lowers your vision as well. <dunno why I'm suddenly narrating this like a DM... but there you have it.>

As vision fell to less than optimum, Waelin calls for a halt.

"It's best we find a place here to rest, I don't like the thought of traveling in all this fog."




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:08 PM


"I agree, I especially do not want to trip over something while carrying Aero." Flux stopped beside Waelin. "Where do you think we should set up camp?" She cast a scrutinizing glance around the surrounding area.



View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:17 PM


<They were... on the plains right? I know they had exited the forest... >

"Uhm," Waelin cast an eye around the surrounding area. "This fog rolled in mighty quick, otherwise I'd have said something earlier. But if we could find a stream, or some place defensible, we could set up camp there and hope to survive the night unscathed. But mine eyes can see no such place. Then again, my eyes can see naught but ten feet in front of me..."




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:22 PM


[Yeah, but what is between them and Pandhari? More plains? Another forest? Mountains? :confused:]

Helena blinked rapidly, then scanned the horizon. "I see what looks like a bunch of cliffs over in that direction, not too far away. There may be some caves there, or at least we would have a solid wall at our back, right Flux?"

"Exactly, Helena. I don't hear anything odd, but I haven't heard anything out of place all day." Flux turned to Waelin. "What do you think? Sound alright?"




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:27 PM


"Sounds good."

<there can't be much in there way... considering they could have made it there the next day if Aero hadn't been injured... They have to be moving slower now that he can't walk.>





View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:37 PM


[Okay]

The group changed directions slightly, turning to the right. They made their way quickly across the open plains, as if the promise of a safe haven and rest put a fire in the pit of their bellies, or, more accurately, the soles of their feet. They arrived at the ragged cliffs, and realized that they were much taller than they had originally thought. Flux craned her neck completely backward, and could not see the top of the cliffs before they were swallowed by the mist.

"Wow." Aero whistled.

"Agreed." Helena was staring upwards as well.

"Shh..." Flux put her hand to her lips. "I think I hear something. Something above us, up there." She pointed upwards to the top of the cliffs.

[Edited on 7-13-2010 by a.nicolefindley]




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:42 PM


"Aye, I hear it as well." Har'Luth frowned slightly. "Sounds like, wings? Per'aps it's a bird of some sort?"

Waelin was left looking upwards towards the top of the cliffs he couldn't see.




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
a.nicolefindley
Experienced JulNo'er
***


Avatar


Posts: 372
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Member Is Offline

Mood: Getting the morning coffee.
JulNoWriMo Title: Cumae

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:46 PM


"That is what I hear as well. A flapping noise, and every now and then it stops, like it would be gliding." Flux sighed. "Probably just my bird. She follows me everywhere, but I thought we left her at home." She turned questioningly to Aero.

Aero shrugged. "I don't know, but she is a lot like you. Stubborn, that thing. I bet she followed us."

"Sounds like. Alright, let us get a fire going. I do not intend to freeze tonight."




View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
cheyenne.r.trumbo
JulNo Royalty
*****


Avatar


Posts: 1013
Registered: 6-14-2010
Location: Out and About
Member Is Offline

Mood: La Dee Dah

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 11:52 PM


<Okay... after this. I am going to bed. But for tomorrow... do not reply until you see my word count updated to AT LEAST 25K. I need SOME motivation to write. <.< >.> Heh>

"Right."

Waelin took the lead and Har'Luth remained at the side of the stretched upon which Aero rested.





View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User
MelissaF
JulNo Member
*




Posts: 4
Registered: 10-29-2010
Location: Usa
Member Is Offline

Mood: Happy

Word Count: 0 / 50000
Word Count Start0% Complete100% To GoWord Count End

[*] posted on 11-3-2010 at 03:25 AM


Hello,
Abilorn hide her fear of the wand carrier. Although she did magic, she was scared of wand magic, namely because she didn't understand it. And one never could tell the source of the magic being rendered whether it was dark magic or pure magic. She did not hold eye contact with Severus.
Regards,
Ali.




View User's Profile View All Posts By User
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11

  Go To Top

JulNoWriMo is maintained by Robert Watson.
[ Store | Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube ]

Powered by XMB 1.9.11
XMB Forum Software © 2001-2012 The XMB Group
[Queries: 16] [PHP: 81.1% - SQL: 18.9%]