JulNoWriMo Forums

Desperately behind.

GeorgeEliot - 7-24-2007 at 03:33 PM

I am horribly behind on my JulNo. I don't like losing Wrimos, but I am a good 15K behind, and though I think about writing and get new ideas, I just never actually sit down and work on my WIP, which is one that I like and am enjoying writing - when I get around to it. I don't want to lose.
What do you think? Is there still hope?
Pants-kicking welcome. I think I need it.

edgy - 7-24-2007 at 03:45 PM

It's not the end of the world....I'm also behind, through not nearly as much as you. Your advantage is that you have new ideas, and I have no plot to continue with :D.

There is definitely still hope. Don't tell your muse to shut up (!), instead shut off the internet, open the Word document (or open office document) and start typing!

[Edited on 7-24-2007 by edgy]

watercolour - 7-24-2007 at 03:52 PM

You're not alone in the 'roaring twenties' GE.

I just posted elsewhere saying, why is it the story you're NOT currently working on, is the one that seems the most attractive?

But you've caught up big wordcounts before and I'm sure you'll catch up here too.

Go for it.

bouncy_girl - 7-24-2007 at 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by watercolour
why is it the story you're NOT currently working on, is the one that seems the most attractive?

A very good question that I tend to ask myself about every five minutes! :P

As for catching up, you have a week left and if you have the time and the motivation, I think you can either win or come much closer to winning than you would have if you gave up now. The longer you leave it, the harder it is to sit down and write, but once you do, the 15K will zoom by! Good luck!!

[Edited on 7-25-2007 by bouncy_girl]

GeorgeEliot - 7-26-2007 at 07:06 AM

Oookay! 6K and moving forward. I am NOT giving up!
Thanks a lot for the encouragement everybody. I actually got up 45 minutes early this morning to write, that's how much I want to win. O.o