JulNoWriMo Forums

Procrastination Black Hole! 2012 (School/College/Uni Students)

Pages:  1    3  ..  177

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 04:35 PM

We have had several discussions about changing the name for 2012 to include people outside of high school (seeing as the number of us no longer in HS increases every summer ;o) - so what is going to be? Anyone with better suggestions feel free to offer them! For now I've just taken the title we were using on NaNoWriMo this year.

This is the place for high school, college & university students to complain about word counts, homework, dramatic social lives and just how impossible it is to juggle the three of them and still get the eight hours sleep a night that Mum and Dad insist we need.

So, yes, novel talk. Sometimes. Beware of fanboy/girl-ing. Also, please note that we take no responsibility for anyone who loses sleep after being sucked into this thread. ;)

[Edited on 5-5-2012 by Kristina]

Melange - 12-26-2011 at 05:00 PM

Yay, new thread! Yay, first!

On another note, I've had three wine glasses tonight. Tina, your influence! >.>

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 05:08 PM

I feel like a good girl now! I only had the one. :P and several glasses of whiskey but that doesn't count

Characters are spamming my head with ideas. It's annoying. D;

Babbling Brooke - 12-26-2011 at 05:19 PM

Wow, three post in and you two are already talking about alcohol? You're going to scare away the good kids!

Hehe, just joking.

Is there a certain reason as to why we had to make a new thread? Well, other than the name change.

[Edited on 12-26-2011 by Babbling Brooke]

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 05:32 PM

It's around Christmas and we're both old enough in our countries, haha. :P

We get a new thread every year when the forum is reset for the next JulNoWriMo. :)

Melange - 12-26-2011 at 05:37 PM

Thunderbird totally didn't notify me about your posts.

No, whiskey does count. There's no way you'd drink more than me. xD

We're watching HP and the Deathly Hallows 2. Think I'm gonna turn this off and do some leveling for Black at the side. It's best done while doing something else, so now is a good time. x)

Babbling Brooke - 12-26-2011 at 05:38 PM

Oh, yeah, I always forget about the forum-reset thing.

I like the new post name. :)

I also tend to forget about the different drinking-ages in the other countries.

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 05:43 PM

Have fun, Mel. ^^ I plan to play more Black tomorrow.

Brooke - Hehe, well it's 18 here.

Melange - 12-26-2011 at 05:47 PM

Haha, Brooke, you thought we were drinking illegally? (And for beer and wine it's even 16 years here.)

Tina: Or not. Too lazy to get up from the sofa. x.x

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 05:51 PM

Laziness is bad... but I'm not going to complain if it keeps you here. :3

Trying to decide on a new icon. Mm. Then I might pay some attention to Luca and work on a short story outline.

Melange - 12-26-2011 at 05:55 PM

Aww. <3

What is he saying? According to your new signature, he's getting way too talkative again?

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 06:02 PM

That's simply a placeholder. Once I've decided on an icon I'll decide on a new signature. x)

Right now he's showing me scenes for Picasso Blue.

Melange - 12-26-2011 at 06:04 PM

A pretty good placeholder though. x)

Sounds like it'll become a longer short story? The one I wrote earlier today has 1,200 words.

Tina - 12-26-2011 at 06:47 PM

I imagine so. If not then a novella. I don't have any specific WC goal with this story.

Babbling Brooke - 12-26-2011 at 07:03 PM

Mel: No, not really. I didn't even think about the drinking age thing until Tina mentioned it. :)

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 02:32 AM

Oh hello! New thread, eh? We got to over 1000 pages on the last so I think that must be a new record.

Also I just watched the Doctor Who Christmas Special (not sure if Tina mentioned it, I skipped about five pages but it was fabulous) and the voice in my head is once again sounding very Matt Smith-like. Not a problem... XD

Any newbies come around, I'm Indy, hi there. And I agree with Brooke, you two are going to scare the youngsters off! :3

I had a fabulous Christmas, lots of money and quite a bit of good smelling stuff, it's amazing. So much smelly stuff! I love it. And a gorgeous clock that I'd seen in Big Bear that apparently my parents bought under my nose, and there are gears that you can watch turn! It's amazing.

And I've spent the past few days writing Doctor Who fanfiction. Again...not a problem. XD But it's actually got a bit of an outline! And it's 42 chapters and it's fabulous.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 04:06 AM

I loved the ending to the Christmas special did not cry honest i didn't but for the most part didn't think it was a great episode. It wasn't all that original. :/

Glad you had a good Christmas! (^^)

Think I'll be playing more Black today. :D

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:15 AM

Omg, Tina, I love your signature! So pretty! <3
EDIT: And now it's gone. D:

And is it my fault if the new thread is created around a time when I'm not all good and nice... right now I'm p~ed at my brother for messing with my laptop. He installed a ton of things I've never heard of so iTunes didn't work anymore! And I had to install QuickTime to make it work again! Simply hate it when he messes with my stuff!

But I want to calm down now. So. Good morning, how're you today? We're going ice skating sometime around noon. :3

[Edited on 12-27-2011 by Melange]

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:17 AM

So I should put it back up then? I just took it down... ^^;

Ick, hit him with a stick!

And, ooh, have fun. I'll be spending the day curled up in my armchair with my DS again. x)

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:22 AM

Yes, please? At least long enough for me to save it. :P

I already ranted at him a lot, but he's indifferent. Always is. And I want to play too... but ice skating is a nice substitute for working out.

Gyahaha. My 4yo cousin is showing off that she has a crush on my brother again. She just climbed into his lap. xD

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:23 AM

Hit him anyway! It will make you feel better, promise!

Sounds cute though! ^^

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:28 AM

Already missed the best opportunity though. :/

It's mainly hilarious. She hugged him and then tried to make him play lego with her. Didn't work, he got away with a weak excuse.
But my family has so many little kids, it's not even cute anymore.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:34 AM

Keep it in mind for next time! I'd also say keep a stick on hand at all times but couldn't you just snap a branch of the Christmas tree instead?

I don't think there are any little kids in our family atm. Definitely not the immediate family, anyway. Of the five of us (yes, super tiny generation!) the eldest is 22 and the youngest is 10. Oh, and I'm the only girl (and the only one that is Scot/Eng - the rest are one or the other). :P

[Edited on 27-12-2011 by Kristina]

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:43 AM

That'd be an idea... but it'd make a mess of needles if I tried to use it. xD

Interesting. So you're special. x) I don't know, starting a few years ago my uncles decided to marry, settle down and have kids. All at the same time. My mum as 6 siblings, 3 of them now got two kids respectively. And one also got his wife's daughter from her previous marriage who's 13. Oh, and strangely most of the kids turned out to be girls. There are only 2 little boys and they're siblings too.

And that doesn't even touch my father's side (he has 10 siblings), but they're older and I hardly ever see them.

[/confusing family tree] :P

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:51 AM

Wow. I don't even have any uncles by blood - just three aunts. One never had children and the other two have had two sons each. I rarely see any of them. xP

Luca is exploding in my head. ><

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 06:06 AM

Haha. ^^;

Do some planning for Picasso Blue then!

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 06:08 AM

But I want to play games! Both Pokémon Black and The Sims 3 are calling to me! D;

Luca's coming across as a right psycho in my head. ¬.¬

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 06:26 AM

Then Black is the better choice. But planning is the best choice. Might shut him up for a while?

Now you're making me really curious! What's he doing? And "you know I'm not crazy". :P

EDIT: Bah, have to go. Later~!

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 06:42 AM

Coming across as a nutter, that's what. xD I've finally had a glimpse inside of his head and it's a very messy place to be. I wonder how I'm meant to convince him that he'll never find a seven-headed monster in the real world? No wonder Steve wants to let Ant examine his head. Well, he offered to do just that in ch. 3 of Black Lamb actually. xP

Dad's just set-up the Kinect he got for Christmas. It takes photos as he's playing. I'm sat just a little way behind him so I'm in the background of every pic. xD

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 10:38 AM

Tina: Haha, I don't think I cried at all, but I was definitely almost crying. But the episode wasn't supposed to be super original—it was based on The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, after all! I liked it though. And I was dying laughing when he was showing them around—especially in the bedroom. XD

What are you two doing? XD Still talking Pokemon? I'm going to take a shower. XD

(Jk I actually have to go get ready to go to the DMV aka hell.) xD

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 10:41 AM

And every aspect of the episode related to that book annoyed me. I'm not a fan. xP

I'm trying to get myself and my stories organised for January 1st. It's harder than I thought it would be - I wish I'd started, like, three weeks ago! :rolleyes:

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 11:03 AM

Ah. Well I can see how that would be annoying then...I personally love the book so I liked it. Also, I'm not one to care if it's not to original—I can rewatch the same thing over and over and never get bored. (Also, the water gun was hilarious; just the fact that she shoots carolers with a water gun. She would though. XD)

Uhh...have fun! Yes, you probably should've started that earlier. What are you doing to organize them?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 11:09 AM

I'm currently going through Decadence and working out what needs scrapped/added to and where it is going to go after. Leslie's backstory is no longer all that important so a lot of info (plus the 3k+ prologue) is going to be taken out plus a major sub-plot. Oh, and I've changed the setting from the US to the UK just because it will make dialogue x10 easier (so now Cain won't be the only one with a Scots accent! XD).

I've also divided Luca's story (Picasso Blue) into ten sections: each section will cover an important aspect of his life. It will cover 20~30 years in total.

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 11:12 AM

Wow. That's a lot. "Organizing" for me means straightening out all my folders and making sure all my papers are in the right place. This seems like...pre-editing. :P

The awkward moment when I didn't know that Decadence was set in the US. Umm... XD

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 11:16 AM

Technically I changed the setting well over a year ago but it was never actually implemented. I haven't touched this story since the start of August 2010. xD

DAMN. Just realised that I hadn't thought of another way for Leslie to get his phone. The character who was meant to give it to him (his mother's boyfriend) has been cut from the story. ><

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 11:20 AM

Back, showered and fed with pizza! <3

That sounds interesting, Tina. And way more prepared than I am right now.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 11:27 AM

Hey Mel! Have fun then? :]

The Sims 3 wouldn't start and I didn't feel like playing Pokémon after all - I had to find something to do. :P

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 11:34 AM

Yep. We went to a lake which is more exhausting, but also more fun. Managed not to fall despite practicing some figure skating-like moves. Nothing special though. x)
Oh, and you reminded me to change my avatar.

Hm, I might play Black later.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 11:36 AM

Ooh, to what? To what?

I plan to play later too. Want to get as far as I can through the first eight chapters of Decadence first though. I'm near the end of Ch. 3 atm. :P

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 11:39 AM

You wait and see. :3

Oooh, you're outlining? Looks like this day will be more productive for you than for me.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 11:44 AM

Kind of yes, kind of no. From ch. 9 onwards I'll be outlining but at the moment I'm just putting in notes of things to edit in the rewrite - outside of dialogue I don't think there is a single sentence I can keep. I think I'm going to be slashing, like, 1~2k a chapter too. ^^;

Gah. Had to cancel the trip I had planned with C & M tomorrow. We were meant to be going to a carnival in Glasgow but both coasts + the central belt are on amber alert for wind tomorrow. 60~70mph with coastal areas in the west (aka: here) estimated to reach 90mph. :/

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:07 PM

Sounds like it to me. Outlining a rewrite is still outlining. :P

Aw, mean weather! :< Can't you just do something else so you're at least together?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:09 PM

But I'm not doing any outlining at all. I've the story there - I'm just scoring things out. It's more the wording that will change than the story. This part was outlined back in April 2010. xP

Probably not. It's likely buildings will shut down and buses will be called off again - and despite this being a small town we don't live close by: I'm all the way in the east on the very edge of town, M's in the north and C is technically outside of town (to the west).

And pretty icon! ^.^

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 12:11 PM

The DMV is the most inefficient institution ever.

Haven't taken the test yet because apparently I have to give them all the paperwork again...even though it says right on my permit that they verified everything a year ago. *rolls eyes*

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:18 PM

Then you're already revising... or editing!

And that's quite unfortunate. Today was sunny here... but then, it's most often sunny in Carinthia. I could send you some. Question is, will it be in Scotland tomorrow? x)

The icon is my obligatory winter avatar. Just realized that I don't like it as much anymore though, so it's probably more of a placeholder for something better.

Indy: Bah. At least it's only the paperwork!

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:22 PM

It's simply rewriting! xP I've changed how the story is going to progress, which means I need to rewrite the first nine chapters before I can continue with it because it won't make sense otherwise. ><

I want sunshine. ;~;

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:32 PM

Okay, it's rewriting. :P

I'll send you sunny thoughts?

juliajreams - 12-27-2011 at 12:33 PM

*looks around* Nice place

*checks date* NOT NICE!

IT IS NOT THE NEW YEAR!

I'm just kidding, I like it here. 2k pages by 2013 anyone?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:34 PM

Mel - Please do!

Well, preparation for the rewrite. Going to start the rewrite on January 1st.

Hey, Julia! ^^

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:36 PM

Julia: We can totally do it! xD

Tina: Will do. And that's why I tried to avoid the term "rewriting" in the first place!

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:39 PM

You two do realise that 2k pages is something like 50k posts, right? You're all expected to write at least 100k on your novels in 2012 between JulNo & NaNo, too. :P

I want it to be Jan. 1st so I can start the rewrite. Going to get as much as possible done on day one - hence why I'm prepping now.

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:44 PM

Of course! But I think we can do it because in 2011 Mars and I only joined the thread during the latter half of the year. Or was Mars earlier? Can't remember. But surely it's doable? xD

I want my old seat at the table back. But another laptop is occupying it. :|

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:46 PM

Mars was here for three quarters of the year.

I want to get more writing done next year so less procrastination. ;o

Reading the start of Ch. 4 and I can't even remember writing it. It doesn't even sound like something I'd write, gah. It's Leslie's nightmare. Not sure whether to keep or scrap it atm.

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 12:48 PM

Bah, I'll be lonely without you. :<

And how did you produce it then? Is the writing okay?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 12:54 PM

But characters demand attention. ><

It's not my usual subject choice so I'm not even sure how to rank it. For one, it's not even set in the real world. xP

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 01:16 PM

Guess I'll just have to study write more to occupy myself in your absence. x)

That's perfectly legal since it's a nightmare? Dreams can be a lot of fun to write and read.

Babbling Brooke - 12-27-2011 at 01:19 PM

Man, I feel so lazy! Not that I really care, though, 'cause I'm on break and that's what breaks are for. *nod*

2k posts by 2013? I think we can do it. I'm not sure if I'll be able to help very much, though. I don't always have internet. :(

Do any of y'all know what WriMo's you plan on doing this year? I'm thinking about trying to plan out my year writing-wise.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 01:21 PM

Planning to delete it along with all except a little bit of Ch 4, simply because I love this [unedited and badly written] conversation between Les and Cain:

A hand on his shoulder startles him. His feet kick at the ground as he scrambles to get away from this unwanted contact. But then he hears familiar snickering and he calms down in an instant.

“You could have said something,” Leslie snaps.

He runs his hand through his hair as he watches the laughing blond take a seat on the railing.

“Like what?” Cain asks, kicking his legs back and forth.

Leslie shrugs. “I don’t know. Something like, ‘Hello’, maybe?”

“You’re no fun, Lesbian.”

Feeling defeated, Leslie reclaims his seat on the fence. This time he’s too anxious to shut his eyes, paranoid that Cain could somehow read his thoughts. So he keeps his mind blank, instead staring straight ahead at a little boy who is stood holding a shopping basket for a mother. There’s a blue ribbon tied around his wrist, which leads up to an azure balloon that is flapping in this cool wind.

“You know what would be funny?” Cain says, lowering his voice. “If you ran over there and cut the string on that kid’s balloon.”

Leslie raises an eyebrow. “How would that be funny?”

“It just would be,” Cain says. “Why don’t you go ahead and do it?”

“I don’t have anything to cut the ribbon with.”

Cain leans to the left and plucks a pair of scissors out of his back pocket. He snips at the air with them two or three times before holding them out to Leslie.

Tentatively he reaches out to them, grasping them firmly by the handle. He looks the pair over suspiciously, and then looks up to meet the blond lad’s eye.

“Do you always carry sharp objects in your trouser pockets?”

“Only when I feel like cutting someone up,” Cain remarks casually, as if it’s the most natural thing in the world. “So tell me: will it be your face or that boy’s feelings? Decide quickly, Lesbian.”

Leslie’s hand squeezes tight around the handle. He can’t hide the way his eyes widen at the mere thought of doing anything unkind. He sucks in a deep breath and holds it, still staring at the other.

After a few more moments Cain cracks up. He holds out his hand with the palm facing upwards.

He says, “I’m kidding.”

The younger teen just blinks in response. He looks down at the scissors, and then across to the oblivious little boy who is now walking hand in hand with his mother towards the shop entrance.

“Don’t you understand the concept of a joke?” Cain asks. Then when he receives no response he adds, “Here, give those back to me before you hurt yourself.”

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 01:26 PM

Brooke: Some planning is always good. I want to participate in JulNo and NaNo, but I don't have any other plans (which makes 2012 about half as productive as 2011 was, but we'll see).

Tina: Oh wow. Don't know what to say since it really sounds like Cain is serious. It's different from BL. But it makes me curious about the rest... :rolleyes:

Babbling Brooke - 12-27-2011 at 01:35 PM

Aw, Cain's kinda mean, isn't he? I like Leslie, though. Snap, now I want to read your story!

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 01:36 PM

Brooke - My plans don't go very far. JulNo and NaNo are a definite, of course.

Mel - Cain is my favourite character I've created. Ever. He's not even the character Leslie ends up with, though. He's the love interest's best friend. x)

juliajreams - 12-27-2011 at 02:24 PM

Brooke, darling- HELLO!

Are y'all discussing rewrites? I started editing my NaNo'11 yesterday and I'm already on page 32/87- WOOHOO!

'course, I'm really only editing- typos and rephrasing and such, but same difference, right? I'm hoping to get my five free copies (OMG FIVE THIS YEAR!!!!) by the end of Febuary because me and my school friend want to give a talk at school about it before the year is up and want something to show for our success XD. I still need to make a cover though- which I might be coming back to you all to get opinions on. I have three possible layouts so far, so I'll let you know when I have thumbs ready.

On the topic of favorite characters writen- my JulNo'10 still holds first place in all catagories. I love ALL the characters in that book and I love the plot and the everything and ya.... XD I should really get a printed copy of that one, huh....?

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 02:26 PM

Haha I love Cain. XD He has the same sense of humor as me...but way meaner/dirtier.

Hey, Julia! 2k pages by 2013? LETS DO IT. XD

Passed the permit test and the lady grading them is way nicer than anyone else in that building.

Now I'm gonna write and go to Barnes and Noble at some point. :D

EDIT: Also, I need to rewrite but I have no time to do so. And as soon as school starts again next week I'll have to actually study.

[Edited on 12-27-2011 by Midnightindigo]

juliajreams - 12-27-2011 at 02:29 PM

@Indy: IT'S ON!

Man, I tried going to the library yesterday and it was CLOSED! HOW DARE THE GOVERNMENT DO THIS TO ME!?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 02:32 PM

Ah, crud. The character I wanted to remove from the story is way more important than I remembered. Damn. Better keep him around then - it's only because of this character (Zachery) and Leslie's mother, Anna, arguing that Leslie becomes suspicious of Cain in the first place. He'sADrugDealer.

Babbling Brooke - 12-27-2011 at 02:35 PM

JULIA! *hugs*

Y-you-your libra . . . It was CLOSED!?! That should be illegal!

Man, I hope mine's open. I'm planning on going their later today.

Indy: What are you writing to Barnes and Noble about?

[Edited on 12-27-2011 by Babbling Brooke]

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 02:45 PM

Julia: YES LET'S GO. :D

Tina: You're having problems cutting things, aren't you?

Brooke: Nope, going to Barnes and Noble to get something, writing my story. XD

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 02:48 PM

It was going fine until I realised that literally every other chapter Zac does something important. He's kind of the person that stops Leslie from doing anything stupid and looks out from him - when he leaves, that's when Nick & Cain takeover. -.- Luckily he's not in for long, I guess.

But I'm still cutting out most of Ch. 4. I'll just make the bit about the little kid & his balloon occur at a play park instead (Leslie was only sat on the fence because he was waiting for Zac to pay for food). x)

Babbling Brooke - 12-27-2011 at 02:48 PM

Indy: Oh. I think I skipped a few words when I read that sentence. :D

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 04:41 PM

Tina, I want to read more! Do I get to read when the rewrite's finished? Or maybe parts of the first version? If you don't like it, just stop sharing snippets!

Gah, everyone went to bed. So I go upstairs and find my grandma watching a series in the living room (where I sleep). Gotta wait until she's done. :|

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 04:50 PM

To be honest I didn't think anyone would like this story. xD (except Indy liking Cain, of course. xP) But, yeah, if you're interested then of course you can read the rewrite. I'm aiming to get a lot done on it in January.

I'm actually working on the outline atm:

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 04:54 PM

I think I already said I like everything you write?

Then I'll motivate you to get all that done in January and we'll both be very productive! And now you're the one calling it outline. :P

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:02 PM

Aw, cute. I'm going to have to write something really vulgar now to scare you off. :P

This is from Ch. 33 so it is the outline. The bit I was working on earlier wasn't. xP Although I think it's now technically Ch. 29 because I scrapped the Beth sub-plot (a girl Leslie liked in the original but won't in this).

Yay! I'll need you from Jan. 2nd onwards, please! x)

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:19 PM

You can't scare me off. xD

Bah. And yep! I might be a little distracted by exams towards the 28th. Won't be studying 24/7, of course, but still.

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:22 PM

I could try! Although you read that creepy stuff I wrote on that blog and I don't think I can beat that. Or can I? Mm~

Hehe, good student.

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:27 PM

You could. Why creepy?

Not such a good student today - didn't learn the next part of the kanji list! Looks like I have to do twice the amount tomorrow. >.<

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:35 PM

It was icky. ><

But it's the holidays... isn't it okay to relax?

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:41 PM

I don't know...

I need to study anyway, so it's better to get the biggest part of it done during the holidays rather than later. Plus, I'd be bored if I didn't have anything to do. x)

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 05:46 PM

I don't like it. But it does still exist - it's just not visible. I feel gross when I read it. Most of it was written when p~ed off with people anyway.

Mm, true. That's the only thing I dislike about having time off - not being forced into learn stuffs. :/ I'm usually more inspired when I'm getting out lots too. ><

Ew, my outline needs major editing in one chapter. Something happens which I totally don't approve of. Gah. I must have been drunk when outlining this scene.

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 05:56 PM

Exactly. But this time it's so much and so important that I don't want to take any risks. ^^;

Haha. What is it?

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 06:00 PM

That makes sense. Then be a good girl and try and stay on top of it!

Nothing much. But I altered it and now Nick is just shown as weak through his inability to respond rather than being submissive to another character (Jacque). Although this is still enough to shock Leslie... but everything scares Leslie. While Cain is immune to everything. xP

Melange - 12-27-2011 at 06:02 PM

I'll try. The resit takes place a month later though.

Ah... Can't remember anything about Nick so that doesn't tell me a lot. Anyway, I'm off. Series is finished! Good night! <3

Tina - 12-27-2011 at 06:04 PM

Nick = the love interest. He's three-quarters Columbian, one-quarter Thai and was kept back a year in school. He teaches Leslie about sexuality. x)

Good night sexy~!

Midnightindigo - 12-27-2011 at 07:24 PM

Hmm, anybody here? Wondering if TINA'S still up...

Today was a win, went out for about three hours and got:

• a Doctor Who 2012 calendar
• Doctor Who: Complete Sixth Series
• X-Men: First Class

My mother's annoyed with me for spending about $70, but I don't care because I'm so psyched about it all. :D

Now to write while I wait for the tv to clear...or I could steal my dad's laptop and write on that (since I did want to type instead of hand-writing for this story) and watch What Not To Wear with my parents/sick sibling. Since the tv won't clear any time soon because of the sick sibling deal.

Babbling Brooke - 12-28-2011 at 12:00 AM

Indy: This might be a weird question, but how/where do you watch Doctor Who? I can't find any of the episodes online. Do you just catch it when it comes on on tv, or have you bought the series?

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 01:09 AM

My uncle gave me series 5, and I watched all of series 6 during a marathon before the season restarted after hiatus. You can start on series 5 and be okay, but it's good if you start on series 1. I only know how to find later episodes online though, just look up the episode title on dailymotion.com. Not all of them are there, but a lot of them are. :D

Lizard is hogging up the tv with Disney. I am annoyed. I've been watching this since like I got home. And I watched One Life to Live (which was amazing), but she's been only watching Disney otherwise. And she gets to because she's sick. And I had to watch Sharkboy and Lavagirl while way better superheroes are sitting on my coffee table! >_>

Babbling Brooke - 12-28-2011 at 01:21 AM

Okie-dokie, thanks! Doctor Who looks like an amazing show, and I've really been wanting to watch it. :)

Isn't the Lizard a little bit too old for Disney? She's, like, thirteen, right?

marsbareater12 - 12-28-2011 at 02:18 AM

No one is ever too old for Disney. Hijacking Macca wifi again - about to go back and watch more races, actually. Exciting!

There's two girls busking. They're good as! :D Nice music to write this to, haha.

(the following is copied and pasted from about 7 hours ago - 11:30am SA Time.

"Hey y'all. Sorry, not replying to anything here - don't have the time - just checking in. Miss y'all too much! D:

(Actually, anyone care to give me a quick dot-point summary? Thanks!)

Our hotel is amazing. It's like a massive apartment. We're at the back, upstairs - and those stairs are a b~ to climb up and down in heels, let me tell you - but it's actually a better spot. Planes keep flying over our heads, but they make a really nice sound! Helps ya sleep! Only 3km away from the SA airport, so that's probably why xD 

Just been walking around here. It's all...idk how to describe it, community? -shrugs- So many events happening at the moment, pretty much all of them sport related! Going to see if I can convince the parentals to let me watch the running, 'cause they're far more interesting than swimming, even though that's at the beach. They go 'til 8:30 tonight though, so no big rush. 

We're across from a big park + oval, and less than five minutes away there's a marina and a beach. At least, I think it's called a marina. It reminds me of Darling Habour in Syndey - where we stayed last year for a night before the cruise - but a hell of a lot brighter! If you walk up from the beach as well, there's a festival thingy happening - WHICH MEANS RIDES. YAY. :D Then there's lots of shops, and Boxing Day sales means cheapy cheap.

Which is more than amazing. BECAUSE IT'S SO HOT HERE. I only brought two dresses with me, so I might pick up another couple - some place is selling them for $6. Won't have a chance to wear them in Victoria though, ugh. Damn Melbourne weather. 

Been to a heap of places. Will share photos when I get back - partly because of time, and partly creepers xD If I share them now, it'll be really obvious where I'm staying. 

By the way, this whole town is so backwards. Ugh. Including the city! D:

Miss y'all! Ill try and get online in another couple of days -  actually, that'll be my birthday, so I doubt I'll get on before the new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR to y'all as well. As for now, I think I'm going to try and hit the BH - place with waterslides, bumper cars, carousels, and a heap of arcade games. It looks really fun! (Oh, f~ , that reminds me - buy togs. Yes. Important)

See ya!"

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 02:28 AM

It is amazing I love it. (Understatement.) XD

I'm actually going to watch it all night now—I hijacked the laptop and will start watching all of my behind the scenes stuff and the episodes once my parents go to bed. :D My dad's already in bed and my mom said she was tired, so I don't have long to wait. Whoop I'm very sneaky tonight.

Now I must go finish writing this chapter; it's taking much longer than I'd though it would so I'm rather annoyed. I'm trying to make it more description-y. It's difficult. GAH I can do this for homework assignments but not for actual writing what is this?!

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 04:09 AM

Glad to know you're having a nice time, Mars!

I don't understand Indy's obsession and I've been watching since the original air of season one (err, not the one in the 1960s; the one in 2005!). xD

The wind woke me up. :( I've planning to do for Decadence today and I want to play Pokémon Black too. ^.^

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 04:29 AM

Told you; I obsess over things! It's like you with KT. :3

I've actually been watching it since about 11:30, was on the laptop but got caught so I cited insomnia as my excuse, I don think my dad knew what I was doing so I'm planning on claiming I was writing because I couldn't sleep with the story in my head. Then I watched an episode on my iPod and I'm gonna wait a half hour just to be safe and then get it up again. Why did my parents have to choose tonight to leave their door open?! And I'm planning on pulling an all-nighter. Why? CUZ I CAN.

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 04:35 AM

Silly Indy. xD

Trying to wake-up but it's not working. Gah. Need more caffeine. Then I'll probably play Black because I've not motivation to work on outlines yet.

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 04:41 AM

Aren't I funny? XD

Hmm, I'm sorta hungry...I'll probably go get some food before I start watching, just candy though because I've got it in my room. Twenty minutes and I'll get it. :D

I'm also texting my guy friend and pretty sure I'm flirting completely...but it's fine because there's no wrong impression to get. Cuz I actually sorta like the guy. :P (Only problem is when he asks if I like someone...he's determined to find out. It's been over a week I believe and he's still failed. XD)

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 04:44 AM

Ooh, totally healthy. I probably shouldn't talk considering that I ate a slice of leftover black forest gateau for breakfast yesterday.

Haha, then why don't you just tell him next time he asks? Could turn out well!

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 04:59 AM

Since when am I a healthy person? Chocolate at 2 am and an all-nighter, no one could accuse me of being healthy. XD I should change that and exercise sometime...I do mean to sometimes but then I'd always rather do something else.

Haha somehow I knew that would bs the advice you would give me...because I don't admit things! It's taken me weeks to admit this! XP Besides, I told my friend, who likes to set people up, especially for dances and stuff, and formal's in a month and a half. I dunno. It's just not my style to say it straight out. Don't like it.

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 05:14 AM

Hehe. Sounds like a good night though. XP

Gah. You're annoying. :P you're like Luca, who is also annoying.

Midnightindigo - 12-28-2011 at 05:22 AM

Haha, fabulous night! Dunno if I'm brave enough to get the laptop back out again, it makes noises! Like the fan or whatever.

Haha I've been told. Did I mention that at this point he's just trying to figure out if I like anybody? He told me he did but I won't admit to anything. I'm difficult XD

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 05:25 AM

Ugh, annoying. Mine is silent. x)

Wow. Gah. This might take some time then? xD

Melange - 12-28-2011 at 05:30 AM

Good morning.

Sounds like you're having an interesting night, Indy! xD Let's hope he doesn't give up at some point though.

I'm doing tedious stuff. Not in the mood for studying! :<

Tina - 12-28-2011 at 05:32 AM

Morning, Mel! ^^

I'm not doing anything. At all. *lazy*

Pages:  1    3  ..  177